Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'M HERE!

Just a quick update before I shut the lights off! I got here with the rest of my group all safe and sound! We made GREAT time, and actually we were here an hour and half early! We had some lunch, saw the ocean, got a little burnt (not too much because it was cloudy), then went to check-in! It still hasn't sunk in that I'm here for the summer! It seems like it's a 2 week camp and we'll be here and then we'll leave...but it's for 10 weeks! Man, I'm going to know everyone's name and a lot about them by the end of those 10 weeks! I'm all unpacked (whew!). My building/room is right by the office so my roommates and I can get wi-fi:) Which will be really good for Skyping! We had a scavenger hunt tonight as kind of an ice breaker, we had 6 teams of 14-16 people. We ran all over town unscrambling the hints and having to find the places. At each place we were able to hear about the smaller ministries inside the North Myrtle Beach Ministry. Such as worship, techie stuff, evangelism, prayer, planning, creating...etc. It was a great way to get to know the town, the staff, the heart of NMB, and to get to know your team better. My team got 2nd place (after 45 minutes of looking for the last spot). I got to hear everyone's name tonight...forgive me if I forget, even after 3 weeks! :)
Please be praying as I enter into tomorrow...it's the start of my crazy new schedule! I'm busy from 7:30am-9pm (i'm running in the morning). We have a lot of orientation and information and other necessary things going on tomorrow. I'm really excited to get to know more people! I will hopefully be able to put up a longer blog on Sunday!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment