AH! I am so excited! I just finished writing my support letter for North Myrtle Beach! I can't wait for may 26th to come-the day my summer project starts! I won't get back until August 7th! I have to raise $3,040. So here is my support letter
I am finally able to write to let you know what I will be doing this summer! I was hoping to have this letter out by the beginning of February, but due to some complications with my application, I was not able to write it until this week! I was waiting to hear back from Campus Crusade for Christ to see if I would be accepted to Ocean City, New Jersey for a summer long evangelism project. Well, Ocean City was filled up by the time they got my application so I was called by my second choice North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I was told that I was accepted to go to NMB!! I will be arriving there on May 26th and not leaving until August 7th! It will be a lot different than anything I've ever done! 1. I'll be living all summer there 2. There will be no VBS or English camp, I will be on the beach sharing the gospel and at work building relationships with my co-workers 3. I will have 90 other teammates!
The pretty crazy thing is, is that it still costs about the same as the other missions trips I've been on. My cost for living there all summer is $2,490. That does not include food and transportation which Campus Crusade will reimberse me for $550. SO I need to raise 3,040 by the time I get there! Campus Crusade would really like me to have all my money in by May 3rd, it seems crazy that I can raise that much in less than 3 months, but God has always provided every year I've done something with missions! Please think and pray before sending any money.
The thing I know that I will not be able to live without this summer (or the rest of my life) is prayer! I need your prayer! I will be pushed out of my comfort zone like I have never been pushed before! Some of the things that I have thought of are
- I will be able to raise all the money I'll need to be able to go to North Myrtle
- I will grow and be stretched in my relationship with the Lord, I will not have much free time, so pray that I will put priorities on the things that are important!
- the Lord will give me boldness as I talk to students, tourists, and co-workers about Jesus and the saving power of salvation
- my relationship with my teammates will be healthy and I will come away with friends that will last for the rest of my life
- conflict, with 90 students plus the staff that stays, there is bound to be conflict! Pray that we will handle conflict in the way that the Bible teaches us to!
- when I come back, that I won't just forget about the summer, that I will use it every day, at campus, at work, and in my relationships!
- my last prayer request is more of a long one. My boyfriend Nate is in Australia with Campus Crusade for a year doing many (and much more) of the things I will be doing this summer! Please pray as we both become busy with our ministries, that we will continue to grow closer to each other and with the Lord! It will be hard, but we do have email, Skype, and snail mail:) (you can also be praying for him too)
I would love to talk to you more about what I am doing this summer so for those of you that I have phone numbers for I will be calling you in the next 2-3 weeks. Those of you who I don't have phone numbers for I hope I will be able to talk to you at church or wherever we might see each other!
p.s. I will be keeping and updating a blog this summer you can follow at www.elizabethlindquist.blogspot.com